4.29.2008

Looks like "The Speech that Saved the World" didn't save the world...

Headline: Tells voter at Winston-Salem town hall that he will address the Wright issue at a “big press conference” following the event.

Sadly, by the time I hear what he says I'll probably be at work.

UPDATE: Looks like I was wrong. Sayeth the Obamessiah:
“I’m outraged by the comments that were made and saddened by the spectacle. The person that I saw yesterday was not the person I met 20 years ago. His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate. I believe they do not accurately portray the perspective of the black church. They certainly don’t portray mine. If he considers this political posturing, then he doesn’t know me very well. And I don’t know him well either.”

AIDS conspiracy: “Ridiculous proposition.”

Farrakhan support and analogy of Marines/terrorism: “They offend me. They rightly offend all Americans. They should be denounced. And that’s what I’m doing clearly and unequivocally here today.”
Heh. I seem to remember Obama saying that he couldn't denounce Wright any more than he could denounce the black community.

There's more of the press conference at the link.

No comments: