4.29.2008

I missed this during Wright's NPC appearance

I was otherwise engaged yesterday, and didn't get to comment on Rev. Wright's appearance at the National Press Club. Michelle Malkin live-blogged it, and this statement during the Q&A session:
Question: Would people of other races be welcome at your church?

“Yes…a white woman stood up at our church and said “I am unashamedly African.”
Huh? So the only way for a person to feel comfortable at Trinity United Church of Christ is to either be "African" or "African in spirit"? I thought the goal of the Christian Church was to unite people as brothers and sisters in Christ regardless of earthly, temporal thins like race, gender, politics, or anything else. Apparently, I was wrong. But then again, I am the White Devil, so what do I know?

No comments: