3.15.2008

Is there another Trinity United hate-monger taking over?

I'm honestly trying not to make this an "All Wright, All the Time" blog. Honestly. But there is such a wealth of material here. In his blog post on Wright at the Huffington Post, St. Obama said the following:
When these statements first came to my attention, it was at the beginning of my presidential campaign. I made it clear at the time that I strongly condemned his comments. But because Rev. Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community, where I married my wife and where my daughters were baptized, I did not think it appropriate to leave the church.
Emphasis mine.

Wright is being replaced by Trinity's pastor, Otis Moss III. If this is true, I don't think that the problems will stop for Barack Obama. Sean Hannity recently played a tape of Moss from Trinity's pulpit, and he sounded just as antagonistic as Wright did. Also, if you are serving alongside a man as despicable as Wright you would, at the very least, be able to stand by some of his deplorable comments. I don't feel I could stand alongside and serve with a man who preached such vitriol and hatred.

But, back to how this affects St. Obama. Imagine if a member of the Westboro Baptist Church was running for office, and his excuse was "Oh, well, I didn't think about leaving the church because Fred Phelps is retiring." How well would that fly?

1 comment:

Mike H. said...

After all the work that Hillary did and this is what took off. /smirk