4.17.2008

Sen. Domestic Terrorist Tom Coburn (R-OK)

I had to work last night (of course) so I'm kind of at a disadvantage talking about last night's Democratic debate. So naturally, when I heard that Sen. Obama compared his years-long political relationship/friendship with domestic terrorist William Ayers, I thought it was too good to be true. I was wrong:
[Ayers] is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.

And the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn't make much sense, George.

The fact is, is that I'm also friendly with Tom Coburn, one of the most conservative Republicans in the United States Senate, who during his campaign once said that it might be appropriate to apply the death penalty to those who carried out abortions.

Do I need to apologize for Mr. Coburn's statements? Because I certainly don't agree with those either.
I eagerly await a statement from Sen. Coburn to see what he thinks about all this. Let's hope it's feisty!

Equating real domestic terrorism to having a simple policy difference is a variation on a theme for the left. To them, policy differences and conservative politics are indistinguishable from criminal offenses. From Scooter Libby's prosecution to Henry Waxman's constant Congressional investigations to calls in the lefty blogosphere to pull ABC's broadcasting license, the left never has any ideas to combat policies they dislike, only threats.

Smart. Tough. Tolerant.

More thoughts on Obama's slander of Sen. Coburn can be found here and here.

No comments: